Review: Beyond Coastal Sun Care
My toddler will play outside ALL day if we let him! We went to the park today and he went up and down the slide 30 times. It's amazing how he has so much energy and how going down the slide gives him so much happiness! It's as if it is the first time that he has gone down the slide each time that he does it because he acts so surprised and giggles. Check out the picture of him below! Isn't he a cutie?! Since he likes to play outside so much, we need good sun care protection products.
We had the opportunity to try five products by Beyond Coastal Sun Care shown in the picture below. The products include:
- Natural Sunscreen Kids 30+: Kids Safe UVA/UVB Protection Non-Irritating - Natural Moisturizers: This is the one that I used on my son today. He was very patient as I put it on him. While he doesn't have a large vocabulary, I could tell that he liked it because of how calm he was and how he volunteered his arms and hands when I asked. (He definitely likes a good baby massage!) It worked well because it absorbed quickly, wasn't super greasy like the old brand that we previous used, and I liked knowing that it came from the Beyond Coastal brand that cares about using natural ingredients.
- Active Sunscreen 30+: Water Resistant, Clear, Moisturizing, Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB Protection: I like that this active sunscreen is geared for outdoor athletes. I used this one on myself today when we went to the park since my husband let me go for a run for a bit while he watched the baby. The sunblock worked well!
- Natural Clear Sunscreen 30+: Clean and Clear, Broad Spectrum, UVA/UVB Protection: My husband used this one at the park today. We both like that they say that it is all natural and good for sensitive skin. My husband also added that it absorbed quickly which he liked.
- Active Face Stick Sunscreen: Water Resistant, UVA/UVB Protection: We had never used a Face Stick Sunscreen before, but this is really cool! I liked the way that it goes on quickly. I also like that this falls under their Active Sunscreen category for outdoor athletes.
- Citrus Grove Lip Balm SPF 15: All three of us used this lip balm and we all loved the citrus twist that it has! My toddler kept smacking his lips to make us laugh after he used it.
Beyond Coastal also provided a pamphlet in the package that they sent to me. One thing that caught my attention is that they say that inactive ingredients can make up over 80% of a sunscreen's formula! That makes me want to pay closer attention to what is in the products that I use. I like that Beyond Coastal makes it easy to see the ingredients in their products. Finally, I want to conclude that one of my favorite parts of this sunblock is that it is fragrance-free. So many children have allergies that I don't want to add to their suffering. We try to be considerate and stay away from fragrance. Beyond Coastal makes it easy to do this!