Krispy Kreme: A Total Sensory Experience (Blogger Summit)
I just returned from an amazing trip to the Krispy Kreme World Headquarters. They invited several bloggers to visit. I have a series of posts planned to share my experience with you! In this first post, I thought that I would start with a quick overview of the agenda so that you will have an idea of the fun activities that we participated in.
- Welcome and Mix Facility Tour - Every Krispy Kreme doughnut originates from the plant that we toured! They have a proprietary mix that is prepared here and then distributed to the different Krispy Kreme locations in the U.S. In an upcoming post, I will share some details from the tour and photos.
- Tour of Old Salem Museums & Gardens - The City of Winston-Salem is full of history and they have invested in preserving much of their history. We visited the original location of Krispy Kreme and then several tourist attractions, including landmarks in Old Salem where we met with tradesmen and watched cooking demonstrations. In an upcoming post, I will share descriptions of the sites that we visited and the people that we met.
- Dinner - Thanks to the tourism board for Winston-Salem for a wonderful dinner where we not only learned about the vineyards and activities in the area, but we also had a sensory experience of foods and wines from the area! We ate at the Spring House Restaurant, Kitchen & Bar. Chef Tim Grandinetti who was recently featured on The Food Network's "Chopped" show prepared an amazing dinner. I have photos to share in an upcoming post!
- Butler's Tour of the Graylyn Hotel (Mansion) - The hotel that we stayed at was beautiful! We had the option to go to bed or stay up late for a tour of the hotel from one of the hotel butlers. This was a fun experience that I will share more about later.
- Coffee and Doughnut Pairing Experience - We tried different pairings of the coffees and doughnuts that they perfected. I took photos and look forward to sharing with you in an upcoming post!
- Chat with the Chefs - The chefs at Krispy Kreme are awesome! We had the opportunity to spend a half hour asking them questions. I shared some of the questions that our Trendy Mom readers asked! Stay tuned for an upcoming post with the answers! (You can also peek at the questions and answers on Twitter if you search for #KKBloggers2013.)
- Presentations from Executives - The Chief Marketing Officer, Director of Fundraising, Wholesale Marketing Manager, and International Marketing Executive gave presentations that were fun. These were some of my favorite parts of the summit and I can't wait to share some fun information with you!
- Flavor Combinations - We met with a Food Scientist and their supplier of chocolate. This was really cool and I bet that some of you will want to be a Food Scientist after I tell you about this experience!
- Create your own doughnut and specialty drinks - This was our last activity. We were set loose with access to unlimited doughnuts and high quality supplies to decorate them. I created some trendy doughnuts that I look forward to sharing with you!
Disclosure: Krispy Kreme organized and provided this trip for me at no cost to me. All opinions are honest and my own.