Do you know what to do if your child swallows a Coin Lithium battery? The answer is that you need to immediately take them for medical help. When a curious child swallows a Coin Lithium battery, it is extremely dangerous because it can cause chemical burns in as little as two hours.
My son is 3 years old and extremely curious, but we had a talk tonight about the dangers of swallowing batteries. I hope that he fully understands how dangerous and scary this is, but still, I did a sweep of our house to make sure that all of our batteries are out of his reach. I also cautiously removed the books from his bedroom that use these batteries and put them up where he can't reach them.
Next week (September 1-7, 2013) is National Childhood Injury Prevention Week. The National Safety Council and Energizer have teamed up to share some important tips every parent should know to help prevent injuries from the ingestion of Coin Lithium batteries to help keep kids safe.
The 4 S's of Coin Lithium Battery Safety
Energizer led the industry by being the first to voluntarily develop packaging for its 20 millimeter coin lithium batteries that meets the Consumer Product Safety Commission's (CPSC) strict guidelines for child-resistant packaging. For instance, check out the new Energizer packaging and a competitor package.
- STORE devices that use coin lithium batteries out of reach of children
- SECURE the battery compartments of devices
- SELECT battery packaging that meets federal guidelines for child resistance, such as Energizer's coin lithium battery packaging
- SHARE this information with your friends and family
As a mom, I'm glad that Energizer decided to invest in new packaging and spreading the word about the importance of keeping batteries out of reach from curious children. My son loves when I treat him like a "big boy" and discuss serious issues with him. I'm glad that he responded so positively to our battery safety conversation.
After our talk, I presented my son with a couple of fun Energizer products. He loves the new Energizer "CARS" LED Nightlight. This nightlight automatically brightens when it is dark. It's perfect for the hallway between his bedroom and bathroom.
He also loves the Energizer Weatheready 2-in-1 LED Light. This has a cool feature that you can use it as a flashlight as shown below or slide the plastic to use it as a lantern! My son thinks that it is the coolest invention.
I hope that you will spread the word about the importance of National Childhood Injury Prevention Week and Coin Lithium Battery Safety.
Did you already know that the consequences of swallowing a battery could be so severe?
One lucky winner will receive: Energizer Coin Lithium batteries, One (1) Energizer LED Nightlight (winner's choice between Sleeping Beauty or Cars, and One (1) Energizer Weatheready 2-in-1 LED Light. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to our message with their shipping address or we will select a different winner. The winner must have a U.S. shipping address. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Again, if it is suspected that a child has swallowed a coin lithium battery, it is important to go to the emergency department immediately. For more information on child safety and coin lithium battery safety, please visit nsc.org, www.energizer.com, TheBatteryControlled.com and www.poison.org/battery.
We appreciate the complementary products that we received. All opinions are honest and our own.
This giveaway has been submitted to Sweepstakes Advantage.