We love gourmet meals, but the hectic week often leaves us with little time to create elaborate meals. I recently noticed a trend that I love where you take a good quality frozen meal and add your own gourmet twist. Make It Your Michelina’s is a fun campaign where you take one of Michelina's famous frozen entrees and add your own touch with extra ingredients for a trendy meal. For instance, Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom takes the Michelina Chipotle Chicken and Rice and adds her own twist for generously filled tacos.
Photo and recipe credit: Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom via Social Spark
MomDot takes my favorite Fettucine Alfredo and adds fantastic Bruschette.
Photo and recipe credit: MomDot via Social Spark
Tammilee rocks with her trendy Meditteranean twist on Michelina Tortellini Alfredo. (You may notice that I have a thing for creamy sauces and lots of veggies!)
Photo and recipe credit: Tammilee Tips via Social Spark
Personally, I have a pantry stocked with gourmet spices and ingredients that I often don't have time to properly use. Michelina makes it easy by providing so many awesome frozen meals that I can add my own gourmet touch! For instance, here is a fun one that I think is perfect for lunch:
Recipe: Fettuccini Alfredo with Broccoli and Sundried Tomatoes
- One box of Michelina's Fettuccini Alfredo (Frozen meal)
- 1 Cup of broccoli crowns
- 1/8 cup sundried tomatoes
- Dash of fresh ground pepper
- Dash of paprika
- Prepare one frozen meal box of Michelina's Fettucini Alfredo according to the instructions on the box. Let sit for 3 minutes.
- Place 1 Cup of broccoli crowns in a microwave-safe dish with 1/8 cup of water, place a lid slightly off center so that the dish is not completely sealed, and microwave for 2 minutes. Let sit for 2 minutes and then drain.
- Mix the Fettucini Alfredo, broccoli crowns, and sundrided tomatoes.
- Top with a dash of fresh ground pepper and a dash of paprika
Do you have a trendy way to Make It Your Michelina's?