We love to incorporate berries into our recipes because our family loves meals that are packed with healthy fruits and veggies.
Our "Made with Love" creation includes trendy Red Velvet Pancakes topped with raspberries and strawberries. The berries really make this dish pop because the sweet berries add both flavor and texture to complement these rich red velvet pancakes.
We use the Red Velvet Pancake Mix from Buttermilk Inc. There are also other red velvet pancake recipes on other sites such as Betty Crocker if you prefer to make this from scratch.
- 1 cup of Red Velvet Pancake Mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 TBSP oil
- 1/2 TSP cider vinegar (optional)
- 1/8 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 container of Driscoll's Raspberries
- 6 Driscoll's Strawberries (sliced)
- Whipped cream (for decoration)
- Mix egg buttermilk, oil, and optional vinegar in a bowl with a whisk.
- Add the pancake mix to the wet mixture and mix well until smooth and thick batter forms.
- Optionally stir in chocolate chips if you choose to include them.
- Cook pancakes on a nonstick pan and medium-low heat. (This part may seem tricky. Personally, I found success using a lower heat.)
- Flip pancakes when edges start to rise for about 1.5 minutes each side.
- Allow to cool for 1 to 2 minutes and then top with whipped cream, Driscoll's Raspberries, and Driscoll's Strawberries.
Do you know someone that would love these Red Velvet Pancakes that are generously topped with berries?
The following is an Amazon Affiliate link to the red velvet pancake mix that we used. There are a few other varieties, but this was the lowest cost one that we saw on Amazon and we were really happy with it.
We appreciate the complementary berries that we received. All opinions are honest and our own.