This recipe features dishes from the Brylane Home Santa Fe Collection.
- 1 pint of ice cream (Any flavor works, but we prefer vanilla bean ice cream)
- 2 cups of crushed cornflakes
- 3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Oil for deep frying (We use approximately 1 cup in a small sauce pan)
1. Scoop the ice cream into your preferred size balls and place on wax paper. Personally, we prefer mini balls since we use a small sauce pan instead of a deep fryer. This recipe will still work for larger balls.
2. Combine and crush cornflakes and ground cinnamon. We place them in a freezer bag and pound them. Many traditional recipes finely grind the cornflakes, but we like them slightly chunky.3. Roll the ice cream balls in the mixture until thoroughly coated.
6. Serve in a chilled dish and top with honey and/or whipped cream.
The dishes that we featured above are from the Brylane Home Santa Fe Collection. This 16-piece Santa Fe hand-painted striped stoneware dinnerware collection is perfect for Cinco de Mayo celebrations! Not only do the colorful stripes liven up a meal, but the dishes are generously sized for many Mexican dishes. For instance, when we serve enchiladas covered in sauce, the plates are deep enough to hold the sauce without a mess. Similarly, the bowls are nice and deep for traditional soups or even fried ice cream. Of course, these are dishwasher and microwave safe.
This 16-piece set includes: 4 10¼'' dinner plates, 4 7¼'' salad/dessert plates, 4 20-oz. bowls, and 4 10-oz. mugs. We love that each dish in the Santa Fe Collection has a unique combination of colorful stripes. These dishes are gorgeous and functional. In addition, the Santa Fe collection also has matching flatware and canisters.
Are you planning a special meal for Cinco de Mayo?This is a sponsored post.