Recipe: Endives and Avocado Dip
This recipe is a slight variation of the Avocado & Endive Appetizer Recipe from California Endive Farms.
- 2 medium sized avocados
- 1.5 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
- .5 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2.5 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 24 endive leaves
1. Wash and cut fresh endives. Set aside.2. Mash the avocados and set aside.
3. Combine the remaining ingredients, including the Greek yogurt, lime juice, ground cumin, and cilantro.
4. Slowly mix the avocados into the mixture from Step 2.
5. Spoon into endive leaves.
Thanks to California Endive Farms for the beautiful endives shown above. This is one of our favorite recipe posts because we love the nutrition that is packed into this recipe. Check out these facts about endives :
- Low in fat
- Low in sodium
- Cholesterol free
- Very low in calories
- Loaded with valuable vitamins and minerals — vitamins B, C, and K, calcium, magnesium, iron, zinc, folate and selenium
- A good source of beta-carotene, which the body coverts into vitamin A
- A good source of heart-healthy potassium — one head of endive delivers almost 60% of the potassium found in a banana
- A good source of folate - a half a cup of endive can supply you with almost 10% of the folate recommended per day
- High in complex fibers
- Aids digestion
- Promotes regularity
- Helps prevent the absorption of cholesterol into the blood stream
- Slows food metabolism
- Helps with the removal of toxins from the digestive tract
- Very low position on the glycemic index
 California Endive Farms: More Than a Dozen Healthy Reasons To Enjoy Endive.