Recipe: Lemon Glaze Quinoa
We have experimented with several lemon quinoa recipes. Mixing lemon juice directly into quinoa just hasn't worked well for us. However, preparing a lemon glaze and mixing it into prepare quinoa gives a wonderful citrus flavor that my family and guests rave about.
- 1 cup of Bob's Red Mill Organic Quinoa Grain
- 2 cups of chicken broth (or water)
- 4 Tablespoons of lemon juice (4 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice = 1 and 1/3 Lemon)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Prepare the Organic Quinoa Grain according to the instructions on the bag and set aside. That is, boil the 2 cups of chicken broth, add the quinoa, and return to a boil. Cover and reduce heat, simmering for approximately 12 minutes. Remove from heat, fluff with a fork, and let sit for 15 minutes.
1. Add all of the ingredients to a small pan.
2. Whisk ingredients together well.
3. Continue whisking over medium-high heat until the glaze thickens. This takes approximately 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat promptly and pour into a heat-safe container.
4. Pour the glaze onto the quinoa and mix well.
This lemon glazed quinoa is great with chicken, seafood, or veggies. For instance, we serve it with grilled chicken and veggies below. You'll notice that we put extra lemon glaze on the chicken.
This is a sponsored post.