Recipe: Alien Bento Box
In today's post, we'll share a fun Back-to-School lunch idea - our Alien Bento Box.
- 1 slice of bread
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 15 grapes, including at least 3 green grapes to use as aliens
- 18 blueberries
- 3 candy eyes
- 1/8 of a licorice wheel
- 1 set of Rubbermaid LunchBlox containers
- 1 space shuttle cookie cutter
- 3 toothpicks
- 1 tube of frosting (You will use a few drops to help hold the candy eyes onto the grapes)
1. Alien Avocados: Fill the large part of the blue container with the alien avocado and tomato slices. Slice the avocado in half, peel it, and then carefully use a knife to cut alien eyes, nose, and mouth pieces from the peel. Place the alien face pieces back onto the avocado to make it look like an alien. The peels stick easily!
2. Space Shuttle Sandwiches: Fill the smaller section of the blue container with the space shuttle shaped bread with licorice fumes coming out of the bottom.
3. Alien Grapes. Fill the orange container with one layer of grapes. Put the remaining grapes on the three toothpicks so that you use a pattern of red grape, green grape, red grape on each toothpick. Use a dot of frosting and candy eye to each green grape.
4. Asteroid Blueberries. Fill the small green container with blueberries.