These homemade dryer sheets are super easy to make. Simply up-cycle an old t-shirt or linens by cutting them into pieces that are the size of typical dryer sheets and then create the mixture of Tea Tree Oil, White Vinegar, and Lavender Essential Oil in a glass jar as described below. It's easy to make a batch of these at one time. You'll just want to shake the jar again before taking out a new dryer sheet.
- Clean scraps of cloth (i.e., old t-shirts, linens, etc.)
- Large jar with yard
- 20 drops of Tea Tree Oil (any brand will work, but I gave an Amazon Associate link for the brand that I use)
- 3 cups White Vinegar
- 40 drops of Lavender 100% Pure Essential Oil (any brand will work, but I gave an Amazon Associate link for the brand that I use)
1. Cut the clean scraps of cloth into the size of a typical dryer sheet.
2. Mix all of the liquid ingredients in the glass jar, including the Tea Tree Oil, White Vinegar, and Lavender essential oil. You may either use a whisk or simply put the lid on the jar and shake to mix.
3. Open the jar and add your clean scraps of cloth. Shake well so that the cloths are thoroughly soaked.
4. Use one natural homemade dryer sheet per load of laundry. Shake the glass jar with remaining cloths before use each time.