In today's post, we'll share our recipe for a popular item that the children love at Thanksgiving school parties - Mini Cornbread Muffins! Not only do the children love them, but the teachers love that the tiny muffins are not too messy.
Recipe: Mini Cornbread Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400-degrees.
2. Whisk the egg, milk, and vegetable oil until well blended.
3. Add the cornmeal and stir until thoroughly mixed.
4. Slowly add the all-purpose flour and stir until thoroughly mixed.
5. Add the sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
6. Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.