Recipe: Easy Mini Chicken Pot Pie Muffins
Ingredients for filling:
- 1 can of cream of chicken
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 pound of chicken breasts
- 1 bag of frozen vegetables (we used carrots and peas)
- 2 medium potatoes (chopped into small ~1/4" to 1/2" chunks)
- 2 cans of biscuit dough
1. Add all of the ingredients above with the exception of the biscuit dough to your slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours (or until everything is cooked thoroughly).
2. Chop or shred chicken and mix all of the ingredients again.
3. Spray muffin pans with cooking spray so that the dough does not stick. Press biscuit dough into the muffin pans, shaping it so that it is easy to add 2 TBSP of the filling to each.
4. Fill each biscuit with approximately 2 TBSP of filling. (The more that you are able to fit in, the better.) You will have leftover filling in your Crockpot. Save this because you may want to offer the extra to guests that prefer extra filling on the side of their plate.
5. Bake for approximately 15 minutes at 400-degrees.
6. Cool and serve with the extra filling.
Personally, we love this recipe because it tastes great, looks nice, and includes all of the food groups! It's really easy to vary the amount of ingredients if you prefer extra chicken or a higher ratio of veggies.