Recipe: Banana Pudding Parfait with Vanilla Cookie Crust
- 1 box of banana pudding
- 1 cup of skim milk
- 1 cup of fat-free whipped cream
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup of blueberries
- 1/3 package of vanilla sandwich cookies (use Oreo or store brand)
- 1/4 cup of butter or margarine
1. Crush the vanilla sandwich cookies in a food processor and then pour into a mixing bowl with 1/3 cup of melted butter or margarine. Mix until all of the cookie crumbs are moist. Then press into the bottom of a baking dish. It's helpful to refrigerate the crust for an hour.
2. Wash and dry the blueberries. Chop the bananas into thin slices. Distribute the fruit onto the dessert.
3. Whisk the banana pudding and skim milk for approximately 2 minutes, or until the pudding thickens.
4. Fold the whipped cream into the pudding with a spoon. Add the pudding and whipped cream mixture as the top layer.
5. Refrigerate for at least one hour and then enjoy.