If you follow regularly, you know that we prefer natural products and solutions. I worry about my family and want them to be as healthy as possible, so I am always cautious about the products that we use. In today's post, I want to share tips for preventing and treating cold sores using as many natural approaches as possible. I'll also share information about a product that we like, Lip Clear Lysine+, an herbal nutrient ointment for cold sores that has been shown to reduce the healing time of cold sores by half and is available at drugstores nationwide.
What are cold sores?
Cold sores are caused by many different factors including stress, kissing an infected person, and sharing chapstick and/or eating utensils with someone who is infected.
Tips for preventing or treating cold sores
When I think of cold sores, I think of stress. Managing stress is important, but that's not always easy and sometimes feels outside of our control. However, this is just one factor. Let's consider a variety of tips.
- Keep stress low - Stress is a well-known cause of cold sore outbreaks, so be sure to do a few things in your life to reduce stress. Activities could include meditating, reading a book, going on a walk, etc.
- Avoid foods with acid - Manage the acidic foods in your diet to help minimize symptoms.
- Protect your lips - Be sure to apply a lip balm that has an SPF 21. This will keep lips safe from damaging sun rays and infection that attacks chapped lips
- Avoid Touching Lips - this includes kissing, sharing drinking glasses and kitchen utensils, and chapstick with someone who has a cold sore
- Use Lip Clear Lysine+ - Lip Clear is a natural cold sore ointment shown to reduce the healing time of cold sores by half, making it most effective herbal nutrient ointment available. It also soothes and stops pain on contact. (Bonus: The code HEALTHYLIPS can be used at quantumhealth.com for 10% off any Lip Clear order through April 2017. (Limit 1 per customer))
- Realize that you are not alone: You may feel embarrassed by cold sores, but try not to stress. They are actually so common that the Lip Clear Lysine+ product that I mentioned above is available at drugstores nationwide because many people use this product. You've probably even noticed it at CVS, Walgreens, or many other stores.
- Replace your toothbrush: Once your cold sore(s) have cleared up, replace your toothbrush.
- Use ice: If you feel pain, try using ice for some relief as needed.
We hope that these tips above help. Of course, the tip with the most instant gratification is to use the Lip Clear Lysine+ that they report has been shown to reduce the healing time of cold sores by half. I want to thank Quantum Health for this amazing product, but also for letting us work on this post and sharing the discount code above for our readers to try this product. I was excited to have a discount code for all of you who suffer because I know how uncomfortable it is to deal with cold sores.
One lucky winner will receive a Lip Clear package that includes Lip Clear Cold Sore Ointment, Lip Clear Invisible ColdSore Bandages, and Lip Clear Lip Treatment and Protectant. Enter using the Rafflecopter below. The winner must have a U.S. shipping address. No P.O. boxes. The winner will have 48 hours to respond to our email with their shipping address. Otherwise, we will select a different winner. Good luck!
Save on Lysine+ with a coupon code
Use the code HEALTHYLIPS can be used here for 10% off a Lip Clear purchase. Lip Clear is also available at local wellness stores including Walmart, Walgreens, RiteAid, CVS and others. (Click here for store locator)