I am counting down until November 25th because this is the release date for Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life! I am a Gilmore Girls super fan and have watched every season several times. Some of the actresses and actors reunited in Austin a while back and I kept tweeting that I wanted them to make a revival. Netflix made my dream come true with the new release that comes out in just a few weeks. In today's post, I'll share a few favorite memories, a fun sneak peek of the new series, and then my recipe for a Fruit & Toffee Dip Platter that my family loves for serious Netflix sessions. I'll also share some other great Netflix picks for this month. (PS - The apples in my recipe will remind you of how Lorelei thinks that she is pregnant when she craves apples!)
5 Favorite Gilmore Girls Memories
1. Lorelei loves snow! The first snow of the year is always so special to her.
2. A memory that makes me cringe is when Lorelei freaked out on Taylor for patting her on the head and saying, "Good Girl"? Oh, that memory burns because many of us know that feeling!
3. Lorelei wakes Rory up at the exact time that she was born to remind her about the pain of giving birth to her and to ask if she likes the world so far. She also asks if there is anything that she would like to change.
4. Another favorite memory was when Logan took Rory on a trip with the Life and Death Brigade. Logan bought Rory a beautiful dress in her size and they jumped from a platform with umbrellas. I'll always remember the quote, "If you jump, I jump Jack." It was so emotional when Rory exclaimed that it was a once in a lifetime experience and Logan responded that it was only a once in a lifetime experience if she wanted it to be.
5. The many, many arguments at Friday night dinners were always fast paced and entertaining. Here is a clip with several. I still wonder where all of the anvils went!
Are you ready for the new Gilmore Girls episodes? Let me share a fun recipe for you to share with your family and friends as you watch the new episode.
Recipe: Fruit & Toffee Dip Platter
- 6 Gala apples
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup of fresh grapes
- 8 oz. of whipped cream cheese
- 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of crushed Heath candy bars
- 2 Tablespoons of crushed toffee candy bars for garnish
1. Add the 8 oz. of whipped cream cheese, 1/3 cup of packed brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla, and 1/2 cup of crushed toffee candy bars to a medium size bowl or container and stir until thoroughly mixed.
2. Wash and chop your apples. Wash the grapes and raspberries. Add them to your party platter.
3. Serve the Toffee Fruit Dip with your fresh fruit.
Other New Releases on Netflix
In addition to the trendy Gilmore Girls release, let me share some other trendy shows to watch on Netflix with your family this month. You'll want to check out Beat Bugs: Season 2, All Hail King Julien: Season 4, Paddington, and The Jungle Book!