Recipe: M&M Cookies for Santa
- 1/2 cup Country Crock, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup of red and green M&Ms
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
2. Mix the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until well blended.
3. Mix the egg and vanilla into the mixture.
4. Separately mix the baking soda, flour and quick oats.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and stir until evenly distributed.
6. Stir in the holiday colored M&Ms.
7. Place Tablespoon size portions of dough approximately 2" apart from each other on greased cookie sheets and bake for 9 to 10 minutes. Personally, I pay close attention to detail when I bake and am very particular. I use a convention oven and T-fal's AirBake Large Natural Aluminum Cookie Sheet. I really like the T-fal brand and also use the T-fal Ingenio Spreader Spatula to scrape the bowl and make small adjustments as needed on the cookie sheet.
8. Allow to cool and then set some aside for Santa!