Recipe: Olive Oil Cake with Chocolate Flakes
- ½ cup Gaea’s Kalamata D.O.P. Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup. cream
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp rum
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 ½ ounce. Valhrona chocolate flakes
1. In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, cream, sugar, eggs and rum.
2. Sift together the flour and baking powder and add it to the mixture. Mix well.
3. Add the chocolate flakes and mix.
4. Oil a 10-inch round baking pan and sprinkle the bottom and sides with sugar.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 356ºF for 5 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 302ºF and continue baking for 1 ½ hours.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Thanks to Gaea for providing this trendy recipe and photo. We love their amazing recipes, especially this one since it is a unique and special treat for the holidays.