Everyday Tips for Busy Moms to Stay Healthy During Spring Allergy and Cold Season
- Go to bed early. Studies have shown that sleep deprivation can lead to suppressed immune system function. I started following this tip a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I have a baby that doesn't sleep through the night yet, so going to bed earlier has been a life changer. It's such a basic tip, but as moms, we are often so busy that we overlook this important tip for helping us to feel our best.
- Wash your hands frequently. If you’re tired of hearing this old adage, check out the science behind hand-washing, as reported by the CDC. While I follow this tip well, I started enforcing that my 6 year old follow it more carefully. We sing the ABC song twice to give him guidance on how long to scrub his hands.
- Put down the candy. Avoiding sugar is a great way to keep your immune system in fighting shape. Consuming sugar can suppress your immune system for hours after ingestion. We try to minimize the amount of sugary foods at our house so that we aren't tempted to eat too many desserts.
- Take a walk. Not only is this good for your waistline, but exercise provides a myriad of immune benefits, from flushing out bacteria to slowing the release of stress hormones. We started following this tip several weeks ago. Our entire family goes on a walk in the evening. Not only is it good for our immune system, but we also love bonding as a family. My son tells us many details about his day on these walks.
- Keep a roll of TheraZinc lozenges handy. These delicious supplements combine elderberry and zinc to help keep you feeling your best. They are easy to keep in a purse or backpack, and dissolve quickly in your mouth. Personally, I prefer natural health solutions and was excited to find this combination of elderberry and zinc. I've been taking these for a while now and love them, especially at this time of year when pollen and germs are causing havoc. I keep them in my purse and take them throughout the day. So far, I'm really happy because this is the first year that I've made it to the end of March without catching a cold or flu. It's surprising to me because I thought that having a 6 year old in school and a demanding baby was a recipe for catching a cold this year, but I've actually been OK. I've even seen co-workers get sick and take time off from work. I'm hoping to push through the rest of spring with good health by following healthy habits!
One lucky winner will receive a 14-pack of TheraZinc lozenges and a $25 gift card to Amazon. Thank you to Quantum Health for sponsoring this giveaway! Enter using the Rafflecopter below. The winner must have a U.S. shipping address. No P.O. Boxes. The winner will have 72 hours to respond to our email with their shipping address or else we will select a different winner. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are honest and our own.