Recipe: Cilantro Lime Chicken
If you follow along regularly, you know that we love recipes that use fresh ingredients from ALDI. I have won several recipe contests and one of my secrets is to use simple recipes with fresh ingredients. One of the most popular recipes that we have posted is our Cilantro Lime Rice. In today's post, we borrow a bit from this recipe, but instead create a chicken entree that centers around fresh cilantro and limes.We purchased all of the ingredients for this recipe for just under $15 at ALDI.
- 2 pounds of boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of chicken broth
- 4 medium size limes for the recipe
- 1 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- Optional: 2 medium size limes and a few pieces of fresh cilantro for garnish
- Optional: serve with organic black beans and avocado
1. Chop and juice 4 limes.
3. Wash and chop 2 cloves of garlic.
4. Measure the 1/4 cup of chicken broth.
5. Measure the cumin.
6. Add the chicken broth, chicken breasts, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, and cumin to a slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours, occasionally stirring.
6. Allow the chicken to cool and optionally serve with black beans, sliced avocados, and limes.
Make a double batch of this recipe to make a Cilantro Lime Chicken Salad or Cilantro Lime Chicken Quesadillas! Simply add your extra Cilantro Lime Chicken, cilantro, lime, avocado, and beans to a salad or tortillas.
Visit ALDI for inspiration by browsing their weekly ads and recipes.