Over the past several months, I have been on a dairy-free diet because I am breastfeeding my baby who is allergic to dairy. I've eaten approximately 2 Lara Bars each day for a total of 300 Lara Bars. These bars are my splurge each day as I crave something sweet that also gives me some extra calories while nursing. However, after eating about 300 Lara Bars over the past months, I craved some slight variations and started making my own. Today's recipe is the best from my experiments. I'm in love!
- 1 1/4 cup of dates (pits removed)
- 2 cups of peanuts
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 Tablespoon of almond butter
Yield: Approximately 12 bars
1. It's pretty easy. Add everything to your food processor and run until everything is fully chopped and blended.
2. Line a glass pan with parchment paper and spread the mixture into the pan.
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and the cut and enjoy.